Temptation

Temptation (Harlequin Teen) - Karen Ann Hopkins *Originally reviewed on Pages Of Forbidden LoveIt’s just Rose, her dad, and her two brothers since her mom passed away not that long ago. They are moving into a new home and from the very first pages, you know how sad Rose is to not have their mother with them. She is already lost and feels like she has no control over her life and then Noah walks into her life. Noah’s father brings him and his brother to welcome them and Rose instantly notices him. Then they are invited to join them for dinner and Rose really notices how different the Amish are and she has a few strong opinions about the ways they do things, though she keeps it to herself. She couldn’t imagine her and Noah every being anything but all of a sudden they are giving each other hidden looks and planning secret meetings. Things seem great but as things progress Rose is still pretty much lost in life. How will it all turn out? How in the world will she make it with Noah?Rose wasn’t the only one to take notice that first day. When Noah first encountered Rose she was disheveled looking and wrestling with her brother, things you wouldn’t see an Amish girl doing. She is different from any girl he would ever know and he loves that. He worries about how different she is and how she does what she wants but that is also what draws her to him. While his parents push him to finally pick an Amish girl to court he only has eyes for Rose. Seeing her means big trouble for him if they were to get caught but he knows he can make their relationship work. He really hopes he can.Rose was young but I loved how she had goals and dreams for herself. She was a dancer and she also loved horses so she wanted to go to school to be a veterinarian. She may have still been getting over her mother’s death and was feeling sad and hopeless but she still had a fiery personality. Noah was the opposite. He knows where his life is supposed to go and doesn’t question that until Rose shows up. He doesn’t have any crazy plans just wants to continue to follow his Amish ways and lead the path that the Amish do. Rose not being Amish kind of puts a kink in those plans. He was sweet and innocent but was stubborn. Although, he ended up breaking a lot of rules he was still set in his ways and stubborn.I really loved reading about Rose and Noah’s relationship growing, even though they fell for each other quickly I was still able to connect with them. At times I did feel that their relationship was just a part of being so new to each other and never really experiencing those feelings before but other times I felt like they really were meant to be together. I have to admit though I found myself not rooting for them sometimes. I felt no matter how it ended it was going to be a big loss and much would have to be sacrificed for somebody. I worried what it would all mean for them. I didn’t want to see either of them hurt. If they split it would be devastating to them both but if they found a way to be together it could be just as bad. Things are still iffy since there will be a sequel out in April and I still don’t know how I want it all to end. I just hope I can be happy with it. I sense waterworks in the future.