Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #2)

Lover Eternal - J.R. Ward *Originally reviewed on Pages Of Forbidden LoveIf you got the chance to read my review of Dark Lover last week you already know how much I loved it. After finishing the first book in the series I couldn’t wait to dive in to this one. I must say that I loved this one just as much as the first and I can’t get enough of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. I will admit that I am obsessed. Even with everything that is going on in the book and all the point of views and stories everything still managed to get all tied together nicely. I don’t know how J.R. Ward does it but in both Dark Lover and Lover Eternal there are so many characters, she keeps the old and throws in some new characters, and the story is told from multiple points of views yet it doesn’t annoy me, I don’t get confused, and I just love it all.“Fortunately for Rhage, there was an endless stream of women more than happy to oblige his needs. And sweet Jesus, the guy had them. Didn’t drink. Didn’t smoke. But he ran through the ladies like nothing Butch had ever seen.”From the start of page one I was excited and happy to be reading. Where most of th focus was put on Wrath and Beth in Dark Lover this is Rhage’s story. Rhage constantly needs some sort of release. Whether he gets it through a fight or through sex he has to have it or things can get bad rather quickly. Fortunately for him he is part of the Brotherhood so fights are inevitable and no girl would ever say no to him. Unfortunately, Rhage really wants more. He wished he knew what it would feel like to settle down with a women worthy enough and I felt bad for him. Everyone just assumed he loved the lifestyle he had to live. No one stopped to think that maybe he really hated it.“She wasn’t anything like the females he went for. And she held his attention like a marching band.”Then he meets Mary and his release issues become even more of a problem. From the first moment he met her he wanted her. For some one look is all they need but its Mary’s voice that catches his attention. He can’t get enough of it and he decides he has to know her. Even when forbidden to do just that he doesn’t back off and continues to push forward.“He closed his eyes. God, he’d give anything just to hear her say his real name once. And he wanted…damn, he wanted her naked in his bed, her head on his pillow, her body between his sheets.”Mary is human and has no idea what Rhage or the other brother are. Rhage is supposed to stay away from her for this specific reason. Mary doesn’t welcome his advances with open arms and actually tries quite hard to push Rhage away which some would think would make it easier for him to follow his orders but he was no quitter.Mary has a weight on her shoulders that she isn’t able to get rid of and she is accustomed to dealing with it on her own. She doesn’t let people close and she can’t fathom why someone like Rhage would even want to try and get close. She is definitely attracted to him but she believes she is just an average women, nothing very special, that comes with a burden. She doesn’t deserve his attention yet he keeps coming around just confusing her further.Both Rhage and Mary had things to deal with that they thought would scare the other away. Mary sometimes wanted to be closed off completely but Rhage kept trying to get closer. But as Mary began to let down her guard a little Rhage’s walls went up and Mary would retreat again. This infuriated me at times and made me feel really bad for the both of them. They both were really great and caring people that owed it to themselves to let someone else in yet they just didn’t seem to know how.Overall, great second book to the series. It was everything I hoped it would be. I still love the brothers, the lessers and Omega are still as creepy as always (more intriguing as well though), and all the little parts of other characters stories leave me wanting more. I just love how all the characters seem to have so much going on in their pasts and in their heads and I just want to know everyone’s story. The end of Lover Eternal has me going AHHH I need the next one!